2 years ago
Update: Download links now work again!
The time has come! After much delay, all pieces are now ready for public release :)
It has been delayed by me in an effort to make sure there is only already available files in there (available if you know how!) and hence avoid any legal issues! Albert from Tabletroms has made a nice video on how to install Prime 1.4 using this package. The method he shows also works for unbricking devices so knock yourselves out :) http://tabletroms.com/forums/showthread.php?976-Nvflash-Unbricking-and-forever-root!
So, what does this release contain?
- NVFlash binaries from nvidia
- NVFlash/APX drivers from nvidia
- flash.cfg for Transformer (for technical people: Recreated from --getpartitiontable output combined with standard ventana flash.cfg)
- transformer.bct (Boot config table extracted from /dev/mmcblk0 and decrypted using SBK)
- odmdata (extracted from /dev/mmcblk0 and decrypted)
- download.sh/download.bat ('script' to fully flash a TF device with a new ROM. Includes SBK as well)
There is both a windows and a linux release available and they work exactly the same. The windows version requires installing the included drivers.
The rom is available here: http://www.sdx-downloads.com/devs/roach2010/flash_roms/prime_v1.4.tar.bz2
Nvflash is available here:
For support/questions/etc go to http://tabletroms.com/forums/showthread.php?976-Nvflash-Unbricking-and-forever-root!
and post there!
Quick guide to unbricking:
- Connect cable to computer and turn device on while holding down Volume Up. Screen will stay off, but USB will come on.
- (Windows only) Find "APX" device in Device manager and update driver, then point it at usbpcdriver directory from the zip
- Run download.sh (linux) or download.bat (windows)
That's it :) Enjoy!
(Advanced users only (I won't answer any questions about this.): Grab the command from download.sh/download.sh. Remove --create and --go and put --sync. This will boot up the bootloader.bin and wait for more commands. These can be run with e.g. nvflash -r --read 2 BCT.bin to read the BCT partition and so on. )
Share on Facebook